Christopher Anthony Ltd.

Dominique Cabinet

29,500.00
903969_l.jpg
IMG_5100_l.jpg
IMG_5104_l.jpg
IMG_5106_l.jpg
IMG_5107_l.jpg
IMG_5108_l.jpg
IMG_5110_l.jpg
IMG_5111_l.jpg
IMG_5112_l.jpg

Dominique Cabinet

29,500.00

An imposing and important European cherry bookcase or sideboard cabinet by the firm Dominique, circa 1940s. This cabinet has three sections, shelved top to bottom, and is distinguished by four architectural pilasters surrounding three doors with raised panels. The raised panel detail is also present on the sides. These pilasters are composed of herringbone veneered cherry wood with vertical gilded bronze string inlay. The base and capitals of these pilasters are also gilded bronze. The center door has a large circular escutcheon lock mechanism; the original keys are present. This piece is raised up on two bold keystone form plinths that extend from front to back. The top, which has a discreet overhanging detail, is finished in matching cherry. A true post Art Deco tour de force by a venerable house of design. Ref: "Ensembles Mobiliers" Vol. 16 1956. Plate 20. Ref: Willy Huybrechts, co-author of "Le Maison Dominique" pub. 2008 (authentication). This cabinet stood originally in the salon of the Embassy of France to Sarrebruck. Sarrebruck was a tiny nation in the Alsace region that straddles France and Germany. It is now a part of Germany.

Condition
EXCELLENT, wear consistent with age and use

Measurements
79" w x 20.5" d x 62" h

 

Add To Cart

An imposing and important European cherry bookcase or sideboard cabinet by the firm Dominique, circa 1940s. This cabinet has three sections, shelved top to bottom, and is distinguished by four architectural pilasters surrounding three doors with raised panels. The raised panel detail is also present on the sides. These pilasters are composed of herringbone veneered cherry wood with vertical gilded bronze string inlay. The base and capitals of these pilasters are also gilded bronze. The center door has a large circular escutcheon lock mechanism; the original keys are present. This piece is raised up on two bold keystone form plinths that extend from front to back. The top, which has a discreet overhanging detail, is finished in matching cherry. A true post Art Deco tour de force by a venerable house of design. Ref: "Ensembles Mobiliers" Vol. 16 1956. Plate 20. Ref: Willy Huybrechts, co-author of "Le Maison Dominique" pub. 2008 (authentication). This cabinet stood originally in the salon of the Embassy of France to Sarrebruck. Sarrebruck was a tiny nation in the Alsace region that straddles France and Germany. It is now a part of Germany.

Condition
EXCELLENT, wear consistent with age and use

Measurements
79" w x 20.5" d x 62" h